THE 7 TH FORUM OF COMMONWEALTH HEADS OF AFRICAN PUBLIC SERVICES
The forum of Commonwealth Heads of African Public Services is an annual consultative meeting that brings together Heads of African Public Services in Commonwealth Africa to dialogue, network and share best practices on contemporary public sector issues. This meeting seeks to gain an understanding of NEPAD and the role which African Public Services must play to facilitate the successful implementation of its programme. The Commonwealth Forum also seeks to create a platform for Heads of African Public Services to meet and share ideas and experiences on improving the performance of the public service in Commonwealth Africa.
This year’s forum which will be holding in Yaounde-Cameroon from the 27 th through the 29 th of July, is placed under the distinguished patronage of the Head of State, President of the Republic of Cameroon and has as theme “Managing and Integrating Public Sector Reforms in an Era of Global Economic Crisis”.
The Commonwealth Forum of Heads of African Public Services is in its seventh edition and Cameroon has taken active part in the previous editions with high level delegations from the Ministry of the Public Service and Administrative Reform in attendance. The following themes were treated in the past editions:
• NEPAD and the Role of the African Public Service, London, UK in June 2004.
• Sustainable Growth and Renewal: July 2005, Arusha, Tanzania.
• Transforming African Public Services, July 2006, Abuja, Nigeria.
• Creating a Responsive and Citizen-focused Public Service in Africa: July 2007, Magaliesburg, South Africa.
• Creating a Value-based and Ethical Public Service in Commonwealth Africa: July 2008, Maputo, Mozambique
• Managing and Measuring Performance in the Public Service in Commonwealth Africa: July 2009, Barbarons, Seychelles
The Government of Cameroon is determined to give optimum attention to this seventh forum in a bid to promote the image of Cameroon and Commonwealth ideals.
êtes vous pour ou contre la modernisation de l'administration publique Camerounaise?